This is pretty much a copy of a Tumblr post I put up today.
I decided to grow my various body hairs for a few reasons:
- I’ve never seen my body in it’s fully mature and natural glory. I believe I was indoctrinated early on to hate my body’s natural state and to mutilate it in effort to be more accepted by society. I’d like to see what it’s like to break those taboos in myself.. but I have to be honest, body hair is SO WEIRD.
- I’m in a stage of my life where I just plain feel like challenging societal views. I love Maude’s quote: “Still fighting for the big issues but now in my small, individual way.” Fuck the patriarchy, yo.
- A Facebook thread I witnessed in which three men discussed how they felt about body hair on women. I believe some version of this sentence went down: “I would take Febreeze and a lighter to that shit if a woman spread her legs and there was bush.” Um, EXCUSE ME FUCK YOURSELF VERY MUCH. You should feel blessed that someone let you near their genitals at all. I never want to associate with someone who will treat me in that manner. So it’s a bit like body armor.
So, here’s what I put on Tumblr today, just a bit of musing about my, ahem, personal growth:
Things I have noticed thus far (7-10 days growth)
- I smell better
- But I sweat way more
- The sensation of it inside my shirt is weird so I’ve been wearing tank tops
- Letting it fly free is fun!
- No one has said anything but I’m self conscious anyway
All in all, I love it and am gonna keep growing it. I’ve never seen it fully grown out before and I can’t wait!
I still choose to shave my legs because I can’t appreciate the sensation/look of body hair in that region on myself.
I want to find some kind of personal trimmer to keep it tidy in the pubic region. Any suggestions out there?